We have four sections in this newsletter.
1. God gave us a great meeting May 16-21 with Mike and Jane Whitt, New Life Baptist Church, Roxboro, N. C. It is an exciting Church and the building was packed out and some nights we had extra chairs. Mike has a great group of dedicated workers, men and women. They were so good to us. We stayed in the beautiful Hampton Inn. They visited us every morning and took us out for the late afternoon meals. Kay and Wesley Smith were with us Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Rev. Fred Lowery, one of the local Pastors and some of his people helped us. We had several other Pastors who attended. It is a meeting that we are still thanking God for. The number of young people we had every night was wonderful. Sunday morning, May 23, Rev. Mike did not get to preach, the altars and isles of the Church were filled. Pastors, Kay Smith and her son, Wesley, will be a blessing to any Church. Call or e-mail and I will give you the phone and cell number.
2. I am not a lawyer and especially a Constitution lawyer but I can read and the Constitution is so plain. The first ten Amendments (Bill of Rights) were ratified effective December 15, 1791,
a. Amendment 1. Congress shall make no law respecting AN ESTABLISHMENT of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government (that does not mean the Obama government) for a redress of grievances.
b. Any one with an ounce of sense knows what that means. YOU DON’T EXTABLISH A NATIONAL RELIGION. Obama’s ‘hate crime ideas are in direct contradiction to Amendment 1. Under the Bill of Rights we have the right to preach that homosexuality is wrong, the same sex marriages, and all gay issues are wrong. The President wants to take that right from us. I don’t know of one Protestant group that wants a National Religion. There are some religions of the world that want this and they will kill you if you don’t believe their way and will call you INFIDELS. Never in the history of our great nation have we had any President who said you cannot preach what OUR BIBLE SAYS.
c. AMENDMENT 2. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. You don’t have to be a PH.D. to understand that. The framers of our Constitution and Bill of Rights said ‘it is right to have a gun in your home. I did not write this, TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
3. MURDERERS ON THE LOOSE. We have all kinds of criminals roaming our streets. There is one set of murderers that are never mentioned. The women, the doctors and those who assist those who want to have an ABORTION.
3. MURDERERS ON THE LOOSE: There are thousands, perhaps millions, of women who killed their baby and no one knows it but the doctors or nurses. In God’s great judgment there will be a BEING who will stand and say, ‘MOTHER YOU KILLED ME.’ I wanted to be born, live, love and enjoy life but you said NO! You did not want me. I did not ask to be conceived nor did I ask to be killed.
To those who have had an ABORTION, ask God to forgive you. Confess that you made this mistake. Ask God to forgive you and ask that child (who by-the way lives somewhere today) to forgive you. THIS IS NOT EASY but what you have done is not a little sin. Murder can be forgiven. Ask David and he will say ‘it can be forgiven.’ Think of what it will be in the great judgment and standing before God and there stands that child, your child, and the child looks you in the face and says, WHY?
4. THEY STILL GRUNT. Most who read this news-letter are Christians but we all are very honest when we say, ‘I AM NOT PERFECT.’ I love the Lord and try to live a Christian life but at times I get discouraged, angry and aggravated. I am not always kind and sometimes I have thoughts that are not good. THERE ARE NO SUPERSAINTS.
I love the Lord and try to be a Christian but! “I am driving down the highway and a car cuts in front of me and I nearly wreck, hit the brakes and hope I don’t him that car. I am not happy and I don’t say, Bless you friend, I am glad you did that. Thank you for what you just did. I don’t smile at him and say, Thank you for doing that.” I am not that spiritual, nor are most of you.
MARTIN LUTHER said it this way. “Nevertheless we still experience sin and death within us; we wrestle with them and fight against them. You may tie a hog ever so well, but you cannot prevent IT FROM GRUNTING until it is strangled and killed.” Thus it is with the sins in our flesh. As they are not yet entirely conquered and killed, they are still active, but when death comes ‘they must die,’ and then we are perfect Christians, and pure, but not before.
To Martin Luther, I say ‘AMEN.’ We are still in the flesh and will be until we die.
We try but we all fail. For that reason ‘I THANK GOD FOR GRACE, Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. ‘Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear, AND GRACE MY FEARS RELIEVED. How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.